OFFICE OF THE CONTROLLER OF EXAMINATIONS
The Office of the Controller of Examinations conducts all Semester Examinations. Marks of the Continuous Assessment Tests are submitted to this office by all departments at the end of each semester. The consolidated marks of both the Continuous Assessment Tests and the Semester Examinations are announced every semester. Inquiries regarding Continuous Assessment are made with the respective Departments, and Semester Examinations with Controller’s Office.
Criteria for Internal Assessment(IA)
- The IA is for 30 marks for all subjects
- Of the 30 marks in IA, 10 marks is allotted for Attendance
- In case of subjects with practical , the total marks allotted for a paper is for 150 (optional subjects); of which 50 marks is for practical and of the 100 marks in theory, 30 is for Internal Assessment , 10 marks of which is for Attendance
MSE & ESE
|75% attendance is mandatory
|Above 75% to 80%
|Above 80% to 85%
|Above 85% to 90%
|Above 90% to 95%
- A mid Semester examination (MSE) will be held for 35 marks each semester
- Completion of a semester will be with an End Semester Exam (ESE) for 70 marks theory paper
- The Controller of Examination (COE) will release the Time Table for both the Mid Semester Exams(MSE) and the End Semester exam(ESE)
- The MSE for odd semesters, I , III , V are held simultaneously. The same is the case for Even Semesters II , IV , VI.
- The ESE will be conducted for all semesters i.e., I , II III ,IV, V,VI.
- Candidates requiring any kind of special assistance to write the exams (scribes or a separate room due to illness), should inform the COE about the same in advance.
- The duration for mid semester is for 1 ½ hours.
- Students will have to submit the projects / assignments / any other work before the stipulated time to the concerned faculty member for the award of marks for IA for 10 marks. No postponement of submission will be entertained.
- The IA Marks will be displayed on the notice board of the respective departments.
- Minimum pass marks for IA will be 12 marks.
- Those who do not get 12 marks for IA will not be eligible to appear for the ESE.
RULES & REGULATIONS
Important rules for ESE
- ESE will be for both Theory and practicals.
- All exams for all subjects will be for 3 hours duration.
- The COE will frame the time –table for the practicals and theory for ESE.
- The COE will preserve all papers of ESE for six months.
Examination conduct Rules
- Centralized exams will be held for both MSE and ESE.
- A bar code will be given for identification of the candidate.
- For maximum confidentiality in valuation, bar-coding of register number will be done for ESE.
- Candidates should not write the name or register number anywhere on answer booklets or additional sheets and adhere to the guidelines given by the invigilators.
- Centralised valuation will be conducted for ESE.
- Objectivity will be the hall mark of valuation.
- Revaluation request in the prescribed format should be made within 10 days after the announcement of ESE results.
- Challenge valuation at a prescribed fee will be undertaken.
- There will be no provision for improvement examination.
Eligibility criterion for promotion
- Promotion from II to III Semester: Students will have to pass in 50% of both I and II semesters(both Internal Assessment and End Semester exams) to be promoted to the III Semester.
- Promotion from IV to V Semester: Students will have to pass in all the papers of I and II Semesters (both Internal Assessment and End Semester Exams) and 50% of papers in III and IV Semesters(both Internal Assessment and End Semester exams) to be promoted to V Semester.
- There will be an automatic promotion for all the students from V to VI Semester.
Students will get 5 years from the date of joining the course to complete the course i.e., 2 years from the completion of 3 year programme. In effect the student will get 4 attempts to complete the course after 3rd year. Repeaters will have to answer the question paper as on that day’s syllabus.
GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL CELL
- Any grievance regarding exams should be conveyed to the respective faculty member, which will be forwarded to the Principal by the HOD.
- The grievance will be redressed by a committee headed by the principal , HOD , faculty member concerned and the COE.